An elegantly simple cashbook that is ideal for cash-based organisations, such as small business, clubs, societies and not-for-profits.
Easily record all your payments & receipts, manage sales tax, and produce professional income and expenditure reports.
Maintains details of your accounts for over 7 years.
Full budgeting for better control and decision making.
List views provide powerful searching and sorting, making it easy to find key information.
MoneyWorks provides the best possible support for managing these taxes
Enquiry screens make it easy to view balances and trends for accounts, customer or item sales.
Store customer and supplier names, addresses, phone numbers, email & web addresses.
Enter sales and purchases using item codes with quantities and prices
Keep accounts for as many entities as you need—there is no additional cost to run additional companies.
Ensure interoperability with the other systems your business relies on.
Easily record all your payments & receipts.
- Clear entry screens make for fast, accurate recording of transactions.
- Store original PDF or scan of original hardcopy docket for your records [not Cashbook]
- Import downloaded bank statements in QIF, OFX, QBO formats.
- Automatic allocation of income and expenses by predefined rules.
- Automatically manage your sales tax.
- Recurring transactions save re-entering repetitive items such as rent and wages.
- Print cheques or create electronic direct payment files for supported banks.
- Manage as many bank or credit card accounts as you need.
- Point and click bank reconciliation—no need to re-enter your bank statement.
- Full bank register and cashflow reporting.
- Produce professional profit & loss reports for month, year, multi-year comparison, budget and more.
Maintains details of your accounts for over seven years, right through to trial balance and balance sheet.
- Completely flexible chart of accounts allows MoneyWorks to operate the way your business does.
- Seven character free-form account codes for reporting flexibility.
- Journals (including reversing journals) for managing account transfers and accruals.
- Account movement graphs with drill-down to actual transactions.
- Comparative reports and graphical analysis going back seven years.
- Supports alternative code for reporting. Use your own codes in-house to provide the degree of breakdown that you need, but give your accountant reports based on their preferred coding structure.
- No end-of-month or end-of-year rollover—have up to 90 periods open simultaneously.
- Complete audit trails for added accounting integrity.
GST/VAT and Sales Tax tracking
MoneyWorks provides the best possible support for GST/VAT and sales taxes for most countries. Specific MoneyWorks versions are available for:
- Australia - GST handling with BAS Guide
- Canada - GST/HST/PST/QST handling for all provinces
- Eurozone - VAT handling
- Malaysia - VAT handling
- Nepal - VAT handling with VAY Guide
- New Zealand - GST handling with GST Return Guide
- Singapore - GST handling with GST F5 Guide and IRAS Audit File IAF
- South Africa - VAT handling
- UK - VAT handling with VAT Guide
- USA - Sales tax handling
- Other countries - International version handles GST/VAT and sales taxes
Tax handling is simple in MoneyWorks, and is normally done automatically when a transaction is entered.
- Enter amounts as tax inclusive or exclusive—MoneyWorks does the rest.
- Default tax is based on general ledger code used, so you never need to worry about charging tax on wages or other exempt/free items.
- Tax code override for individual customers or suppliers (useful for offshore or out-of-state transactions).
- Complete handling of GST/VAT on payments/cash basis (invoice/accrual basis available in MoneyWorks Express/Gold/Datacentre).
- Tax handling is based on 'transaction tagging', so you never need worry that a transaction has been omitted or double-counted.
- Guide forms available for a number of jurisdictions to help complete tax documentation/returns.
- Detailed reporting provides complete audit trail.
Manage multiple entities
Most accounting software allow you to only manage accounts for one company, or charge you extra for additional companies. The desktop1 version of MoneyWorks allows you to keep accounts for as many entities as you want on the one computer, with no additional fees or licenses required.
- Run as many sets of accounts as you require on the one computer with no additional licensing fees.
- Each set of accounts is kept as a separate file, allowing you to easily separate information from different entities.
- Keep accounts for organisations with different structures, or even, with the international version, from different countries.
- Have more than one file open at a time, allowing you to copy and paste transactions between entities [not supported for Gold clients].
- All MoneyWorks versions are localised or self-localising for GST/VAT systems in New Zealand, Australia, Canada (including support for provincial sales taxes, HST, QST), Eurozone, Nepal, South Africa, Singapore and the UK, and for sales-tax tracking in the US.
- Although designed for business use, MoneyWorks is also great for home accounts.
1Desktop versions include Cashbook, Express and Gold, as well as Datacentre that is hosted on your own hardware. Hosted copies of MoneyWorks by external hosting companies may charge a per-file fee.
Names database and contact management
MoneyWorks stores your valuable customer and supplier details and contact information in easily manageable lists, which can be easily searched and sorted. Use these to reliably identify contacts, perform sales analyses, prepare mail/email merge letters and more.
- Use alphanumeric customer/supplier codes (up to 11 characters) for accurate access to customer names, address, phone, emails etc.
- Store banking information for creating deposit slips or direct credit files.
- Assign tax overrides to ensure correct tax handling for unregistered or out-of-state/overseas customers/suppliers.
- Import and update contact from Address Book (Mac), or from text files.
- Store URLs for quick access to supplier web sites.
- Assign default allocation general ledger codes to speed up recording of service transactions.
- Colour code your contacts for easy access.
- Assign customer categories and use to analyse your sales (or purchases).
- Record dates and details of customer/supplier calls, and set automatic reminders to follow-up.
- Create name templates for easy setup of new or casual customers.
- Attach sticky notes to customers (or suppliers) which will appear automatically when you make a new sales transaction.
- Print address lists & mailing labels, envelopes, merge letters1 etc.
1Creating merge letters and postcards requires the MoneyWorks Forms Designer, which is available in MoneyWorks Express and Gold.
Easily set up items or services that you regularly buy/sell as products, allowing you to specify quantities, maintain consistent pricing and perform extensive sales reporting and analysis.
- Keep a price book of products or services sold or purchased.
- Ensure consistent pricing with item buy and sell prices.
- Maintain an automatic count of the items that you have on hand.
- See who has (or hasn't) purchased which items.
- Assign categories to items and use to analyse your sales.
- Attach sticky notes to your products, which will appear automatically as prompts when you make a new sales/purchase transaction ("Would you like fries with that?").
- Print price lists, report on top selling products, view sales trends, analyse sales by item category, customer, region etc.
MoneyWorks Gold/Datacentre has enhanced product features including pricing matrix, full inventory accounting and bills of materials.
Full budgeting for better control and decision making.
- Full budgeting—with two separate budgets.
- Easily compare actual performance to budgets in on-screen enquiries.
- Use the built-in budget editor to enter and manipulate budget data.
- Copy and paste budget data from an external spreadsheet.
- Extensive set of reports for budget vs actual and revised forecasts.
Powerful on-screen enquiries
On screen enquiries are a great way to get instant access to your valuable data. See historic balances, view sales (or purchasing) trends, and find out what makes your business tick.
- Separate on-screen enquiries of accounts, products, customers/suppliers.
- See general ledger balances for an account or range of accounts.
- Display budget values to monitor performance.
- View product sales, costs and quantities for a nominated selection of items.
- See sales value (or purchases) for a nominated selection of customers.
- Segment charts by item or customer category to view comparative performances.
- Drill down to transaction level data to see what makes the values displayed.
- See trends by enquiring on a range of periods—up to seven years is available.
Import/export & interoperability
Integrate MoneyWorks with other key systems for streamlined workflow and greater productivity.
- Import bank statements with auto-allocations.
- Configurable importing for transactions, names, items, accounts using Copy/Paste into lists.
- Easily export from all main database lists using Copy.
Ensure interoperability with the other systems your business relies on.
- Use report scripts (developed in MoneyWorks Gold) to automate tasks.
- Send reports direct to Excel, Numbers (Mac), pdf or text file.
- Automate data transfer using Applescript (Mac) or Visual Basic (et al) via COM (Windows).
- Live-link your Access or FileMaker databases to MoneyWorks to streamline your workflow.
- Create scripts in the VBA layer of Excel to exchange data with MoneyWorks.
MoneyWorks lists provide fast, easy access to all your data, with powerful searching and sorting.
- Manage your transactions, accounts, customers/suppliers and items in easy to use lists.
- The list searchbox provides fast text searching.
- Sort lists by any column, or combination of colummns.
- Reorganise columns so you get to see the information in the way that suits you.
- Add or remove columns, to see just the information you need.
- Print lists as shown on screen, with optional subtotals.
- Use list filters to store and retrieve common searches.
Stickies to help you remember ...
Sticky notes act as on-screen reminders in the day to day use of MoneyWorks. Another example of one the many incredibly useful features that make MoneyWorks a stand-out product.
- Attach a sticky note to a record, and it will pop-up as a reminder when you view the record, or use the code identifying that record.
- If a customer (for example) has a sticky note on their record, it will pop-up whenever you sell something to that customer.
- Sticky notes can be attached to transactions, customer/suppliers, accounts, items and job records.
- Have different sticky notes appear for purchase or sales transactions.
- Colour code your sticky notes to indicate importance.
- On an item: use to up-sell ("Would you like fries with that?") or remind about required ancillary products.
- On a customer: use to remind about bad credit, outstanding issues or for customer relations ("Ask about John's new baby").
- On an account: use to provide guidelines on when to use and not use the account.
- On a transaction: use to annotate why it was coded differently, or why it needs to be checked.
Record information and prepare invoices/reports in almost any language.
Languages include Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Cyrillic and most other non-Roman text, with the exception of right-to-left scripts (e.g. Arabic).
Unicode also provides full cross platform support (Windows and Mac) for accented characters (bonne idée, Māori) and other special symbols.
Standard reports library
Because an accounting system is only as good as the information you can extract, MoneyWorks comes with a large number of useful reports, each of which can be prepared in a multitude of ways.
- Comes with Trial Balance, Income, Cashflow, Sales Tax, Cash Projection, Ledger and Balance Sheet, plus profit, trading, inventory, sales, job and budget reports.
- Preview on screen, or output to PDF, Email, Excel, Word, Numbers, Clipboard, text or HTML file
- Easily see what makes the numbers by drilling down to underlying transaction data.
- Dice and slice your reports: most reports can be run on subsets of data, condensed, or summarised by different criteria.
- Model and forecast your cashflow [MoneyWorks Gold].
But there is much more to MoneyWorks than just financials ... for example:
- Analysis reports will analyse your transaction data (e.g. see who has purchased what, what regions are products selling into).
- The Product Catalog will print a catalog, complete with pictures
- Top sales/purchases, salesperson commission, backorder, sales/purchase history, committed budget, recurring transactions ...
MoneyWorks Express and Gold allow you to modify/create analysis reports, so you can extract just the data you need. MoneyWorks Gold includes a powerful report writer, allowing you to modify/create virtually any financial or management report.
Easily locate your transactions
MoneyWorks presents all your vital information in lists, which can be easily searched or sorted. No more flicking through a series of screens to find things—just type a word or phrase into the search box and only transactions that contain that text will be displayed. Customers, items and accounts are also displayed in these easily accessible lists.
Efficient transaction entry screens
The simple, clear transaction entry screens in MoneyWorks are designed for fast, accurate input, and include features like autofill lists to speed up entry and ensure consistency. Transaction entry screens are configurable—you can show or hide additional fields, and even alter the tabbing order.
On screen enquiries
The enquiry screens in MoneyWorks display balances and charts of nominated accounts, items or customers, allowing you to easily see trends. Drill down to see the underlying transaction information—a feature your accountant will also appreciate.
There's much more to Cashbook than just the headline items above. Features like stickies, unicode, and a large library of included reports make Cashbook a truly standout system. And all these features, plus more, form the basis of the the more advanced MoneyWorks versions. So, if Cashbook doesn't meet your requirements, have a look at MoneyWorks Express.
Need to send/receive invoices?
Then you’ll need to consider MoneyWorks Express or Gold.
... all the features of Cashbook, plus:
- Send and receive invoices, manage payables and receivables.
- Design your own invoices and statement forms.
- Create simple custom reports to better analyse your data.
... all the features of Express, plus:
- Full order-entry and quoting, with inventory and stock.
- Support for multiple-currencies.
- Time billing and job costing, and much more