System requirements for MoneyWorks 7.3.
Supported Operating System Versions:
Mac OS X
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)**
- 10.7 (Lion)*
- 10.8 (Mountain Lion)*
- 10.9 (Mavericks)
- 10.10 (Yosemite)
- 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Windows XP SP3***
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 10
For MoneyWorks Datacentre on Windows, a 64 bit version of Windows is recommended.
Minimum display size:
- 1024 x 768 or larger
Note that some low-end Windows netbooks may have displays smaller than this (e.g. 800×600). These are not supported.
RAM, and storage:
- For database host, MoneyWorks runs best if available RAM is greater than database size(s). Maximum single database size is 4GB. Available storage should be at least 3x database size. Hard disk or SSD (USB flash drives or SMB/AFP file server may be used for backup but should not be used for live database operation).
- For network client, RAM usage is typically ~40MB
Requirements for networking
- No network connectivity is required for single-user local database operation (but you will need internet connectivity to receive software updates).
MoneyWorks Gold server network:
- Ethernet or reliable WiFi network
- IPv4 networking
MoneyWorks Datacentre server network:
- LAN: Ethernet or reliable WiFi network. Ethernet very strongly recommended for server.
- For internet connectivity: 10Mb/s upstream speed for server recommended; network latency of less than 50ms recommended; proxy-free networking connectivity; IPv4
* not recommended; no longer supported by Apple
** not recommended; MoneyWorks will run in 32-bit mode on this OS version.
*** not recommended; no longer supported by Microsoft.
Supported Mail Clients
If you wish to have emails sent from MoneyWorks to your local mail client, these are the supported clients:
- Apple Mail
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Outlook 2011
- Microsoft Entourage
- Sorry but Thunderbird cannot be supported—it has no provision for automation. For other email clients that do have scripting support, there is provision in MoneyWorks to roll your own glue script.
- Simple-MAPI-compliant email clients, such as
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2003