System requirements for MoneyWorks 9.
Supported Operating System Versions:
- 10.12 (Sierra) *
- 10.13 (High Sierra)
- 10.14 (Mojave)
- 10.15 (Catalina) Requires MoneyWorks v8.1.8 or later
- 11 (Big Sur) Requires MoneyWorks v8.2.4 or later, v9 recommended
- 12 (Monterey) Requires MoneyWorks v8.2.4 or later, v9 recommended
MoneyWorks 9 is fully 64-bit on macOS, for both x86_64 (Intel) and ARM (Apple Silicon/M1) processors.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2022
- Azure Windows Server Virtual Machine
For MoneyWorks Datacentre on Windows, a 64-bit version of Windows is required. MoneyWorks client applications are available for 32-bit and 64-bit on Windows
64-bit version of MoneyWorks Gold requires Windows 10 or later. 32-bit apps support Windows 7 and later.
Minimum display size:
- 1024 x 768 or larger (logical)
Note that some low-end Windows netbooks may have displays smaller than this (e.g. 800×600). These are not supported.
Also, setting a very large scale factor on Windows may result in a logical resolution less than this, even if the physical resolution is quite high. E.g. Maximum scale factor with a 4K screen is 250%.
RAM, and storage:
- For database host, MoneyWorks runs best if available RAM is greater than database size(s). Maximum single database size is 4GB. Available storage should be at least 3x database size. Hard disk or SSD (USB flash drives or SMB/AFP file server may be used for backup but should not be used for live database operation).
- For network client, RAM usage is typically ~40MB
Requirements for networking
- No network connectivity is required for single-user local database operation (but you will need internet connectivity to receive software updates).
MoneyWorks Datacentre server network:
- LAN: Ethernet or reliable WiFi network. Ethernet very strongly recommended for server.
- For internet connectivity: 10Mb/s upstream speed for server recommended; network latency of less than 30ms recommended; proxy-free networking connectivity; IPv4
Subscriptions and software updates:
- These require your computer to ba able to access our secure server. Older operating systems may not be able to connect to a secure server using current security protocols (TLS1.2 as of this writing). If using an outbound firewall you may need to whitelist our domains *.cognito.co.nz and *.moneyworks.net.nz if your firewall blocks all websites by default.
* not recommended.
** Windows Server 2008 may not be able to access websites than use up-to-date security protocols, so this means that although MoneyWorks runs on Windows Server 2008, because it uses the operating system’s crypto to access our web site for software updates and/or subscription services, these will no longer be accessible from this platform as of March 2018.
Supported Mail Clients
If you wish to have emails sent from MoneyWorks to your local mail client, these are the supported clients:
- Apple Mail
- Microsoft Outlook 16 (2022) (not in “New Outlook” mode — this mode does not support automation)
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Outlook 2011
- Sorry but Thunderbird and “New Outlook” cannot be supported—they have no provision for automation. For other email clients that do have scripting support, there is provision in MoneyWorks to roll your own glue script.
- Simple-MAPI-compliant email clients, plus explicit support for
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2013