The Multi-currency feature of MoneyWorks Gold allows for purchasing and sales to be made and tracked in more than one currency, and for bank accounts and accounts receivable/payable to be held in a currency other than the local one.
The steps for setting up multi-currency are simple:
- Enable multi-currency (it is off by default);
- Specify the new currency to use;
- Create the general ledger control accounts needed for the currency);
- Create any customers or suppliers that you deal to in the new currency;
Setting up Multi-Currency
Multi-currency is turned off by default and needs to be enabled.
- Choose Edit>Document Preferences
The Document Preferences window will open
- Click on the Locale/Currency tab
- Turn on the Use multiple currencies in this document option
- Select your base currency (i.e. your local currency) from the menu.
- Click OK
Note: Once you have created a currency, you will not be able to turn off the Use multiple currencies option.