Extending the Report
If you want, you could extend the report into a full profit and loss report. As a guide to how to do this, you simply need to:
- Add a part to get other income (accounts of type Income);
- Show (Reversed) the TOTAL accumulator (this is your net income)
- Add a part to get other expenses (accounts of type Expense);
- Show (Reversed) the TOTAL accumulator (this is your Net Profit/Loss);
- Pretty it up with a few headings
As you can see, the reporting in MoneyWorks is very rich and powerful, and not too difficult to understand. We recommend that you experiment and create your own reports, see what they produce, change them, enhance them. You might like to look at some of the standard reports that come with MoneyWorks (to find out how to open an existing report, see Custom Reports.
But you can do an awful lot more than just look at the general ledger ...