Setting up Roles
Before you set up additional users, it might be an idea to consider setting up roles for each of your types of users (e.g. sales, payables, receivables). A role can be assigned to different users, so if you have four sales staff for example, you don’t need to set up their privileges separately.
To create a new role:
- In the Users and Security dialog box, click the New toolbar icon above the users list (or press Ctrl-N/⌘-N)
A new User Privileges window will open.
- Set the Type pop-up menu from “User Login” to “Role”
The contents of the window will change to show the role information.
- Enter a unique name for the role into the Role Name field
This is the name that you will see in the user/role list. It should be something descriptive to indicate the type of users who should be assigned to the role.
- Set the appropriate privileges for the role
These are the operations that users with the role can perform. A table of privileges is provided here.
- Click OK to save the role
Tip: If the role is largely the same as a previously created role, just duplicate the other role, assign a new name and turn on/off the appropriate privileges.