MoneyWorks allows you to store time series (period) information that is not necessarily financial-related. Examples might be average number of staff members per month, working days in a period, consumer price index figures etc.
These values are stored in the “Off-ledger” file, and can be used in reports for showing key performances indicators (KPI) or other derived values.
To view the off-ledger values:
- Choose Show>Off-Ledger Values
The Off-Ledger Values list window will open.
To create a new Off-Ledger series:
- Choose Edit>New Record, or click the New toolbar button, or press Ctrl-N/⌘-N
The Off-Ledger entry window will be displayed.
- Key a unique name (up to 15 characters) into the Name field
- Enter a description into the Description field
- Enter the actual values per period into the Value column, and budget values into the Budget column
- Click OK to save the information
- Use the Up and Down arrows to move up and down the list
- Use the keypad-enter key to enter values and move to the next period
- Future periods for entering budgets can be accessed by scrolling the list up
- There is only one budget for Off-Ledger items
- To access an off-ledger value in a report, see GetOffBalance (searchExpression, dateOrPeriod [, doBudget])
- You can use the Lookup function to access the off-ledger file. The key is a composite of KIND/NAME. User entered data has a kind of “USR”; currency information is also stored here and has kind “CUR”.
- No audit trail of the Off-ledger is maintained: records can be modified or deleted at will (subject to user privileges).