A module to download new sales from a WooCommerce ecommerce store is available as a service for MoneyWorks Gold/Datacentre. Once setup, this allows you to download new WooCommerce sales into MoneyWorks at the click of a button.
The service is enabled in File>Manage Services (you will need to restart your MoneyWorks after enabling the service). You will also need to configure your WooCommerce store.
In the administration area of WooCommerce, you will need to get REST API read access so that MoneyWorks can read your orders. For information on how to do this see WooCommerce REST API. Copy and paste the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret from here into the MoneyWorks WooCommerce Settings window as described below.
Having installed the WooCommerce service (and restarted MoneyWorks), choose Command>WooCommerce Settings (only users with Account Enquiry privileges can access this). The WooCommerce settings will open:
You first need to enter your Store URL, Consumer key and Consumer Secret into the corresponding fields in the Settings window. Click the Test button to check your settings. If they are correct, the ID of the most recent order in WooCommerce will be displayed.
The MoneyWorks Settings determine how you want MoneyWorks to handle your WooCommerce transactions.
Transaction Type: The type of transaction to create (Receipt, Invoice, Sales Order).
Bank Account: If you are creating receipts, the bank account for the transaction.
Taxable Tax Code: For sales which have tax/GST/VAT applied to them, the MoneyWorks tax code to use.
Exempt Tax Code: For sales which are tax exempt, the MoneyWorks tax code to use.
Default Customer Code: The default customer code to use on transactions. For example you might set up a customer “WEBSALE” and use this. The customer must be a debtor.
Create New Customer Records: Turn this on if you want to create new customer records in MoneyWorks for each sale. If the customer already exists in MoneyWorks, that customer’s code will be used, otherwise a new one will be created. The match is based on the email address.
Default Item Code: The item code to be used if the SKU on the WooCommerce store is not found in MoneyWorks. This must be an item in MoneyWorks that is sold.
Discount Item Code: An item for any WooCommerce discounts. This must be an item that you sell (and is required even if you don’t intend to have WooCommerce discounts).
Freight Item Code: The item code for any freight (this must be an item in MoneyWorks of type Freight).
Gift Card Item Code: The item code for Gift Cards. This should be an item that you buy and sell. As the sale of a gift card imposes a liability until the card is redeemed, both the sales and expense account should be of type Current Liability.
Transaction Fee Code: The item code for any transaction fees that might be incurred. The fee is deducted from the sale total. At present this is used only if the Payment Method in WooCommerce is “stripe”.
MoneyWorks Customisation Code: Although the WooCommerce service should “just work”, there are many permutations of settings and different ways that a store can be set up, and it may be that the script has to be “tweaked” to work with your store. If this is required you will be issued with a Customisation Code which needs to be entered here (otherwise leave this field blank). Note that such customisations will be charged for.
Once your settings are correct, click the OK button to save them.
Downloading WooCommerce Transactions
To download new sales from WooCommerce:
- Click the green Woo Orders button on the Transaction list toolbar. You will be asked for confirmation.
- Click OK to download new orders. Any new orders created since the last one listed will be downloaded. This may take a few seconds. Upon completion an alert will display the number of transactions downloaded and the transactions will be shown in the transaction list.
- Click Specific Order to download a nominated order. You will be prompted for the ID of the order (this is the Receipt/Order No in MoneyWorks). If you want to reset the order id (so subsequent downloads will be orders made after this id), set the Reset Importing check box.
- The first time you download sales you need to “seed” it with the ID of the first transaction that you want to download (otherwise you risk importing lots of old orders). Use the Specific Order and Reset Importing to do this.
- The ID to use is the WooCommerce ID. You get this from the administration area of your store, or by clicking the Test button in the WooCommerce Settings. This ID is also stored in the transaction.ourref field of any transactions imported from WooCommerce.
- A maximum of 25 orders will be downloaded at one time (so if it says there were 25 orders, click the Woo Orders button again in case there are more).