Payment on Invoice not showing any invoices!

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
pondball
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

Payment on Invoice not showing any invoices!

Post by pondball » 03 Jan 2019 03:32

I am trying to allocate payments to existing Invoices using:
• Receipts -> New -> check Customer box and enter Customer code... so far so good
But... under the Payments On Invoice there are no Invoices showing, so,
• clicked on the down arrow beside the Customer name at top of Receipt window and it brings up the Customer data page with Details, Pricing & Terms etc.
• clicked on Balances and All of the customer Invoices are there...

Why are they not showing in the Receipt window?

I have searched through the forum and found reference to several tips, including one that says the Invoice must be posted first before a Receipt can be allocated to it but I am hesitant to do this before knowing if this is the correct procedure. Don't want it mucking up my books by doubling up the total receipts.

I have switched to Cash basis for both Receipts and Payments for tax purposes. So far this worked for the previous quarter but I had to make the customer payment by going back into the Invoice and checking the Deposit checkbox to do so. Once I did this it automatically Posted the Invoice and the Receipt of payment showed up in the Receipts window. Using this method however seems to offer no option for partial payments, including partial pre-payments.

Of note is that when I open the Customer profile, for some of my customers (debtors) the Customer and Debtor checkboxes can be modified while others are greyed out and cannot be modified, nor can their Code. I understand not wanting to modify the code but the issue of not having any Invoices showing up in the Payments for Invoice for either modifiable or unmodifiable Customers has got me stumped.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

pondball
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

Re: Payment on Invoice not showing any invoices!

Post by pondball » 03 Jan 2019 04:11

ok now... I did what I should have done earlier... used the Widget Tutorial file to experiment on.
• created new invoice for White -> entered two new items -> tested using New Receipt and the new Invoice did not appear
• Posted the new Invoice -> New Receipt -> new Invoice appears and works as it should.

I have been through both the online and pdf version of the manuals (numerous times) and at no point did I find the reference to having to Post the Invoice before it would show up. Too bad there isn't a Troubleshooting guide somewhere for instances like this. Would have saved hours and many fallen hairs. It was only a 2014 posting here (with a similar but not similar problem) that hinted at having to Post the Invoices before Receipting them.

I suspect the Greyed out Customer and Debtor blocks are a result of there being outstanding invoices, whether posted or not. After comparing the 30+ customers, whether agents or retail, that seems to be the only difference between modifiable fields and greyed out fields.

Hope this helps someone else and saves them a few hours of hair pulling.

Rate
Product: Datacentre
Region: USA
Location: https://diceus.com/how-to-know-what-is-crm-software/

Post by Rate » 09 Jan 2019 23:31

pondball wrote:ok now... I did what I should have done earlier... used the Widget Tutorial file to experiment on.
• created new invoice for White -> entered two new items -> tested using New Receipt and the new Invoice did not appear
• Posted the new Invoice -> New Receipt -> new Invoice appears and works as it should.

I have been through both the online and pdf version of the manuals (numerous times) and at no point did I find the reference to having to Post the Invoice before it would show up. Too bad there isn't a Troubleshooting guide somewhere for instances like this. Would have saved hours and many fallen hairs. It was only a 2014 posting here (with a similar but not similar problem) that hinted at having to Post the Invoices before Receipting them.

I suspect the Greyed out Customer and Debtor blocks are a result of there being outstanding invoices, whether posted or not. After comparing the 30+ customers, whether agents or retail, that seems to be the only difference between modifiable fields and greyed out fields.

Hope this helps someone else and saves them a few hours of hair pulling.

Thanks a lot for this answer! I had the same question!

Hismandent33

Post by Hismandent33 » 03 Apr 2019 04:35

Money works are the accounting software that is here to solve all the payments related to the receipts payment and invoices. I recommended to the students to get https://www.college-paper.org/pay-someone-to-write-a-paper info which will helpful to write your thesis. Share your problems related to this field and get them solved as soon as possible.