MoneyWorks and MacOS Mojave Compatibility

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
grant

MoneyWorks and MacOS Mojave Compatibility

Post by grant » 25 Sep 2018 15:53

Our testing has not turned up any incompatibilities with MoneyWorks 8 on Mojave, but note that (like High Sierra) MoneyWorks 7 and earlier are not compatible because of the new Apple file system.

Also note that MoneyWorks 8 does not support the new "Dark Mode" feature in Mojave.

New security restrictions in Mojave mean that the first time one app attempts to communicate to another you will get a permission request -- you will notice this particularly when emailing. Click OK to allow MoneyWorks to access the app. This is not a MoneyWorks issue, but is system wide across Mojave.

As a final point, we do advise, as ever, to wait for a point update of Mojave before installing rather than being a guinea pig with a mission critical system.

Apizap
Product: Express
Region: New Zealand

Re: MoneyWorks and MacOS Mojave Compatibility

Post by Apizap » 20 Oct 2018 14:06

Unfortunately I do seem to be having an issue after upgrading to Mojave (please see attachment). I am using MW v5.3.2 and never had this problem when upgrading to High Sierra, so I'm confused. Any advice on a pathway to resolve this so I can access MW will be appreciated. Cheers, Mark
Attachments
Error-123.png
Error-123.png (55.83 KiB) Viewed 1297 times

TinaNamdev
Product: Datacentre
Region: Nepal

Post by TinaNamdev » 05 Dec 2018 19:20

Jennifer A. Woods

Post by Jennifer A. Woods » 05 Apr 2019 00:16

You are doing great and providing the best services to the people who do the accounting job. I’m sure having all updates on https://www.analyzedu.com/writing-services-reviews/edusson-com-review.html website they able to explore and learn new techniques. Keep it up to bring more articles like this and help us.