MW-E 6.0.4 - GST and HST appearing on printed invoice

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
ICONIC design

MW-E 6.0.4 - GST and HST appearing on printed invoice

Post by ICONIC design » 12 Mar 2011 08:44

I upgraded to MW-E 6.0.4 today and when I created an invoice everything appeared to be fine. HST showed up in its place between TC and Gross, but when I post it and print it GST now appears in place of HST. The strange thing is that HST is located at the bottom of the invoice.

When I go back into the posted invoice the HST appears in it's place. There is no indication that GST will appear when printed or a pdf is created.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
James

mikeguil

Post by mikeguil » 16 Mar 2011 23:18

James... can you send me a screen capture showing the problem? I'm not exactly sure what you mean (where the GST is showing up) and if I see it, it may trigger something.

feda

Post by feda » 21 Mar 2011 08:57

Hi James. Are you printing to the "Plain" form template when printing your invoice. I noticed that it places GST as a Heading on the top part of the invoice (Detail line Headers), but displays HST on the bottom part where the sub-total and Total are. I have sent an email to Cognito about this. Not sure if you're issue is the same (maybe tell us what form your printing to ... a default one or a custom one you have/use).

crasheed
Region: Canada

Re: MW-E 6.0.4 - GST and HST appearing on printed invoice

Post by crasheed » 13 Oct 2011 12:00

I am having the same problem and I am not sure how to adapt it. I have used one of the invoice templates and printed it out. The invoice is showing HST as the amount at the bottom, but it is still showing gst number at the top. Is there a way to adapt this so that it reads hst instead of gst? Thanks!

charleshorse
Product: Datacentre
Region: New Zealand

Post by charleshorse » 19 Oct 2011 13:20

Perhaps if you said which invoice template your were using someone would be able to point you in the right direction. And try using the latest version which I think is 6.0.8 because it might have been fixed.

Kerry

Post by Kerry » 06 Mar 2014 06:14

Is there a fix for this problem? I've searched forums but not seen a fix that applies to version 6 of Moneyworks. The invoice is all HST but the HST number header claims it is a GST number. Forms editor doesn't seem to be able to allow me to fix it.