how do you do a tax-inclusive invoice

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
pondball
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

how do you do a tax-inclusive invoice

Post by pondball » 03 May 2010 09:55

I'm looking at including tax in all transactions, regardless of location I'm selling to... when I list my separate items they will include tax... as will the total invoice total price...

however I would like to have the invoice break down the inclusive taxes so that some of my customers (some of whom are agents reselling our product) will see a listing of the taxes included in their cost...

up until now I have been using an old version of MYOB that had a tax inclusive option, and while I purchased SA I don't particularly like that interface... just came across MW and the Express version demo seems to cover most of my needs... but I really need it to do a tax inclusive invoice like MYOB used to do with a simple click of a button...

is there a simple way of doing this?

pondball

Post by pondball » 03 May 2010 23:28

ok... so I finally found where I could do a tax-included in the price of the item itself and it breaks off the tax in the invoice... but so far it doesn't show both GST and PST... not a problem in two months when its all HSt but it is now... can we get it to show both taxes in the invoice?

and what about a total cash sale without listing items... can this be done and still have it tax-inclusive?

Biff Loman

Tax included via Customer

Post by Biff Loman » 03 Jun 2010 03:13

The tax rate defaults to the tax code assigned to the revenue account assigned to the product record.

You can over ride that by assigning a tax override to the Customer record.

A GST & PST customer would end up at $88.50 net on a $100 dollar tax included with $4.43 in GST & $7.08 PST (ON rates).

A GST only customer would also end up at $88.50 net with $4.42 in GST and a Gross of $92.92 instead of the gross of $100.

MW is taking the tax code assigned to the sales account as the basis in this case (T code GST/PST for ON company).

You would need a GST only sales account to get the GST only customer to $100 gross or as you state wait until July 1.

Biff Loman

Tax included via Customer

Post by Biff Loman » 03 Jun 2010 03:13

The tax rate defaults to the tax code assigned to the revenue account assigned to the product record.

A GST & PST customer would end up at $88.50 net on a $100 dollar tax included with $4.43 in GST & $7.08 PST (ON rates).

A GST only customer would also end up at $88.50 net with $4.42 in GST and a Gross of $92.92 instead of the gross of $100.

MW is taking the tax code assigned to the sales account as the basis in this case (T code GST/PST for ON company).

You would need a GST only sales account to get the GST only customer to $100 gross or as you state wait until July 1.

pondball

Re: Tax included via Customer

Post by pondball » 12 Aug 2010 06:39

Biff Loman wrote:The tax rate defaults to the tax code assigned to the revenue account assigned to the product record.

I tried the override... put override on "G" in customer file then created a new invoice... but when I entered in the amount of the sale it still put tax on the amount I entered... I need to put in a total amount for a sale... ie from a two day road trip where I record total sales by cash, total sales by CC and total sales by cheque in three different postings... I include Tax as part of the sale while on the road then have always been able to record (in previous accounting sw) Ontario Sales - Cash (Event) $356, whereupon it calculcates it back for me and records in Tax Reports... in this case as $40.96 HST with $315.04 being the sale itself

I can't seem to get this to come out in MWG... what am I doing wrong...

shroud098
Product: Datacentre

Re: how do you do a tax-inclusive invoice

Post by shroud098 » 30 Nov 2018 16:01

Hello, I'm looking at including tax in all transactions, income tax preparation. Is there any guide video or blog post for this?