Adding a date column

Discussion about using the MoneyWorks Job costing system.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
timofcanada

Adding a date column

Post by timofcanada » 13 Feb 2008 10:03

I am a new user of MoneyWorks. I wish to add a column to my custom invoice form in which I could enter the date(s) of service. For example. I invoice for one month, a client who has services provided every week (or 2 X per week). So, I repeat the part/item number and on each line I would like to inform the client of the date wherein the service was provided. Help!??

grant

Dates on invoices

Post by grant » 20 Feb 2008 21:40

There is no date column on an invoice in MoneyWorks.

But you can enter a date in the line description, e.g.:

2/2/08: Did something

Then you can use the forms designer to pick out the date and put it into a separate column. Something like:

if(positionintext(detail.description, ":") > 0, slice(detail.description, ":", 1), "")

and the description column could be something like:

if(positionintext(detail.description, ":") > 0, slice(detail.description, ":", 2), detail.description)

Haven't actually tested these formulae, but it should give you a general idea.

Taksu

Post by Taksu » 05 Mar 2008 15:41

Small change to the formulae make them work.

Date Column :
if(positionintext(detail.description, ":") > 0, slice(detail.description, 1, ":"), "")

and the description column could be something like:

if(positionintext(detail.description, ":") > 0, slice(detail.description, 2,":"), detail.description)

the 1, ":" and 2, ":" were back to front. Easily done off the top of your head.