Job Sheet Entries Markup

Discussion about using the MoneyWorks Job costing system.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
Mick

Job Sheet Entries Markup

Post by Mick » 14 Apr 2007 11:06

I'm having trouble getting markup to work for me. I have worked thru the tutorial (p.G-270) working with markup on transactions. That works, but what about other job sheet entries. When I send out invoices for work to date, I need each line item of services, labor, and resources sub-totaled and the default markup per cent added to equal the total. So far no go. What's the trick ? I understand each "product" has a default markup percent. As a general contractor I markup (add a fee) when handling my labor, materials, or services from other subcontractors and invoice monthly as a basis of draw requests.

rowan
Region: New Zealand

Post by rowan » 14 Apr 2007 17:28

Job costing has its own pricing rules. Look in the Costing tab of the product.

There is an option to use the product's sell price, or to apply the job's markup, or to set the job sell price at the time you purchase the item.

johnstoffer
Product: Gold
Region: USA

Re: Job Sheet Entries Markup

Post by johnstoffer » 10 Sep 2011 04:36

Is it possible to put separate markups for each product entered into a quote?