Job / Time billing -- paying a supplier?

Discussion about using the MoneyWorks Job costing system.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
myklreinhart@mac.com
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

Job / Time billing -- paying a supplier?

Post by myklreinhart@mac.com » 19 Sep 2011 10:37

Hi...

I've done the tutorial, but am still having a bit of a mental disconnect with something. :cry:

Our jobs are service (consulting) based. Our suppliers are consultants.

I realize this is a little bit of a digression from the tutorial, but -- I've created supplier records for the consultants, and also created Items (as Time Class) for the various types of work they do, linking the item to the respective consultant and setting the Item as "We Buy This" and "We Sell This" (along with appropriate rates for buying and selling). Then, I used "Job Timesheet" to enter the hours worked by the consultant/supplier.

This is all good-- i.e. when I go to "Invoice the Job" as instructed in the tutorial (on page 41), the time gets pulled into the invoice and it looks good, but how on earth to I subsequently PAY the Supplier?-- the tutorial doesn't go there... presumably there's a way to "roll up" items that are sold, into a purchase order or supplier payment or something...

Thanks,

Michael

donnamc
Region: New Zealand

Re: Job / Time billing -- paying a supplier?

Post by donnamc » 23 Sep 2011 09:45

Hi Michael

Using the Job Timesheet does not actually create an accounting entry so there is no "supplier" to pay. If you want to record it this way, don't use the Job Timesheet but create a Purchase invoice for the consultant's time. Then use the Job column to assign the hours (qty) of the product (time).

Hope this clarifies things for you.... :?

Donna

myklreinhart@mac.com

Post by myklreinhart@mac.com » 23 Nov 2011 17:18

It did. Thank you.

Michael

ansonang
Region: Singapore

Post by ansonang » 07 Jun 2012 19:24

Hi all,

I would like to use Time Sheet for recording purpose but moneyworks does not allow this. Is there any workaround?

rgds, Anson

SmartBiller
Product: Datacentre

Post by SmartBiller » 12 Jun 2012 11:09

Hi Anson

You could have a look at a product called SmartBiller http://www.smartbiller.co.nz which has been integrated with MoneyWorks. SmartBiller works on iPhone, iPad, Android Devices, PC and MAC. It is a web based solution for recording time against client jobs and then syncronises the time entries into the job costing MoneyWorks module.

Regards Dave

myklreinhart@mac.com

Post by myklreinhart@mac.com » 12 Jun 2012 13:46

That doesn't really meet the requirement I set out in my original post. The people doing the work (and subsequently billing the time) aren't employees, rather they're suppliers with different rates for their work.

m

charleshorse
Product: Datacentre

Post by charleshorse » 12 Jun 2012 16:18

When they invoice you you just enter the invoice (as a Purchase Invoice) into MoneyWorks, and tag each line to the appropriate job. These lines will then appear in the job system (with appropriate mark up, if any, added), from where you can bill them out the client. You only need to record time that is internal to the company in the timesheet entry stuff.