Printing SO# on Invoices?

For ideas, tips and tricks and comments on using or creating MoneyWorks Forms (invoices, statements, labels etc.),
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
SK87
Product: Datacentre
Region: USA

Printing SO# on Invoices?

Post by SK87 » 01 Jul 2011 02:48

I was wondering if there is anyway to print the SO# on a invoice, Transaction.Ourref won't work since it is an invoice.

thanks

grant

Re: Printing SO# on Invoices?

Post by grant » 07 Jul 2011 21:32

Have you tried sychronising the sales order and the invoice number in the Document Preferences (on the sequence numbers page)?

Alison
Product: Gold
Region: UK

Post by Alison » 29 Jul 2011 20:16

I have had the same problem, done the syncronising now having trouble with the calculation, Can you help?

Simon
Region: New Zealand

Post by Simon » 12 Nov 2012 09:43

If you are referring to the Invoice data entry form then no you can't add any fields there. But you can add a column to the Invoice List with a calculation of lookup(OriginatingOrderSeq,"Transaction.OurRef"). You can also use the same formula in a field on the printed invoice.

AKL_FHS_LTD

Post by AKL_FHS_LTD » 31 May 2013 20:44

We require that the Sales Order Reference is printed on the Invoice as we have been able to do on Quickbooks, I cannot see a way of transferring this reference as MW uses Transaction.OurRef for both Sales Order Number and Invoice Number !!!!.

I have since used the calculation Advised by Simon earlier and it works a treat, thank's Simon (spent hours trying to do this) ------- (lookup(OriginatingOrderSeq,"Transaction.OurRef")

Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 10.10.03.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 10.10.03.png (79.88 KiB) Viewed 3144 times

kurad

Post by kurad » 11 Aug 2018 23:34

Have you tried sychronising the sales order and the invoice number in ww points plus calculatorthe Document Preferences (on the sequence numbers page)?

hamyamys
Region: New Zealand

Post by hamyamys » 02 Mar 2019 20:58

Alison wrote:I have had the same problem, done the syncronising now having trouble with the calculation, Can you help? V Tight Gel | Penomet |

This is just a example of making those calculation between those inside out