REPORT PROBLEMS

For the discussion of reporting issues, and ideas, tips, tricks for writing reports
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
dgsimports
Product: Gold
Region: Australia

REPORT PROBLEMS

Post by dgsimports » 15 Jul 2014 11:34

HI,
I am having trouble, I am doing the end of year reports and the Profit and Loss I get does not match with the GST Report figures. There is a big difference even though both are done on cash basis.
Maybe I am missing something but I would have thought they would be pretty much the same as they use both the Expenses (money out) and Income to generate figures.
I really need help as it is having a huge impact on my figures and I do not know what to do - I am having to resort to excel spreadsheets to monitor money in and out and checking this on Moneyworks reports to see if they are right.
Please help

Sosu
Product: Datacentre

Re: REPORT PROBLEMS

Post by Sosu » 29 Jul 2015 12:11

They way MW handles GST is that it takes into account all the posted transactions that have not been reported for GST previously (in your case all the Cash receipts and Payments and all the receipts and payments against the invoices).

GST report is transaction date based whereas PnL is period based, so there could be some difference. I think if you really want to know what is happening then it would be a good idea to call MW support line or get hold of MW consultants locally.