Part 36 error producing Trial Balance

For the discussion of reporting issues, and ideas, tips, tricks for writing reports
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
djdancy
Product: Cashbook
Region: Australia

Part 36 error producing Trial Balance

Post by djdancy » 12 May 2014 01:05

I have MW Cash edition and have just upgraded to the latest version (7.1.1, MacOS X 10.9, also latest of everything). Unfortunately my Trial Balance report is no longer working, which is kind of a show-stopper for me. The error message is not very helpful:

Got an error at part 36 while running the report
Error: Error in 'For Each' search expression. Can't do implicit Related Find from Transaction to Detail - please supply explicit linking fields in the form [File.linkField:search]

To my knowledge, nothing has changed (apart from being a new version of the software). I haven't customised my reports, this is a single-user installation, and now it's totally broken.

What do I need to do to fix it?

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

David Dancy

grant

Re: Part 36 error producing Trial Balance

Post by grant » 29 May 2014 16:41

This has been corrected in the 7.1.3 update (available under Help>Software Updates).