HST(GST) Report

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
Odette

HST(GST) Report

Post by Odette » 10 Apr 2013 04:42

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2013-04-10 at 1.34.44 PM.png[/attachment]I don't know if I did something wrong but my HST(GST) Report is not good.
I have an invoice of $25.04
GST $ 1.25
PST $ 1.75
Total of $28.04

On my GST report it says:
Inv. $26.79 (25.04+1.75)
GST $1.25

How can I setup my program to have the right amount of the invoice in my GST report?

Also at the beginning in this report I had a column for GST and an other for PST. Why I have only the GST column now?
Thank you

Odette
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-04-10 at 1.34.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-04-10 at 1.34.44 PM.png (81.21 KiB) Viewed 2761 times

sjb

Re: HST(GST) Report

Post by sjb » 12 Apr 2013 08:10

Not sure which province you are in, but I assume it's one where you don't pay a Harmonized Sales tax. If so, it's likely only showing the GST because that's the only one you pay to the government and can take input credits against. Not sure if there is a separate PST report that can be run, but to the federal government you would only pay the GST, offset by whatever GST you have spent. If you are in a province with HST then you need to set it up that way.

Odette

Post by Odette » 18 Apr 2013 13:23

I'm from British Columbia. We don't have the HST anymore but we have the GST & the PST that we have to remit to the government. I had a column for both taxes when I started to install the new tax and suddenly I had only GST. I don't know what I did wrong. Can you help me?

sjb

Post by sjb » 22 Apr 2013 10:04

Have you tried running the Sales Tax Report in the Reports menu?

gerryc
Product: Datacentre
Region: Canada

Post by gerryc » 11 May 2013 02:28

If you are in BC then you should have a GST tax Code (of GST/Vat type) with a 5% tax rate. You then need to have a PST Tax Code (of Sales Tax type) with a 7% tax rate. You then need to have a Tax Code that is of Composite tax type that incorporates the GST and PST tax codes. Once all that is done you would need to change the tax locale in your Document Preferences to a GST/PST type province ... i.e SK or MB.

This was all put out in a newsletter to registered users, and I believe there is a link to that article on the Cognito website. Otherwise you should email the support people at support@moneyworksgold.com