How to change dates for Fiscal Startup

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
CSRBC
Product: Cashbook
Region: Canada

How to change dates for Fiscal Startup

Post by CSRBC » 14 Jan 2012 12:44

I am new at computer programs for Accounting, having used the black accounting book for years in our Charity.

I want to start fresh with our Fiscal year, Oct 1 2011. I can't even enter anything until I can get this changed.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Carol

nasupport
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

Re: How to change dates for Fiscal Startup

Post by nasupport » 18 Jan 2012 05:33

The easiest & fastest way is to save the current file as an Empty clone

With the existing file open, go to the File Menu and select Save a Copy As... when the Save a Copy As window opens, select Save as an Empty Clone and enter September 30, 2011 as the Balance date. This will create a new file, with the same chart of accounts, existing names, existing items if any, but no transactions (in other words a brand new file). The financial year of the file will be October 1, 2011 to September 30 2012, with September 2011 being the setup period.

shayanjameel08

Re: How to change dates for Fiscal Startup

Post by shayanjameel08 » 24 Oct 2013 00:33

Most U.S. businesses report their taxable income on a calendar year. But in some instances, they might find it preferable to report on a fiscal year, a 12-month period that ends sometime other than December 31.