How do I set up for tax inclusive pricing across Canada?

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
pondball
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

How do I set up for tax inclusive pricing across Canada?

Post by pondball » 25 Apr 2011 04:19

we sell the same product to all provinces and want to do a single price on all invoicing... ie you pay $300 regardless of which province you are in... all invoicing = Tax included

I have set up tax codes in the widgets file for each of the different scenarios... HO = Ont @ 13%, HBC = BC @ 12%, HM = Maritimes @ 15%, G = GST only @ 5%...

when I make up an invoice and use G it works fine... and calculates Subtotal at $285.71 + HST at $14.29 for a Total of $300...

but when I use the HO code it gives me Subtotal at $285.71 + HST at $37.14 for a Total of $322.85...

the setup of the codes are all identical and the product is setup up for tax included...

pondball
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

Re: How do I set up for tax inclusive pricing across Canada?

Post by pondball » 25 Apr 2011 04:29

never mind.... played around a bit more... and found out that it will do a complete recalculation if you re-enter the quantity ordered again!

who'd a thunk!