Deactivate Periods in MoneyWorks Gold

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
ashforma

Post by ashforma » 04 Jun 2010 12:10

How do I stop this annoying feature?

Ideally I want to turn it off and establish periods when the bank statements are dated which are not all month end.

So far I have not found a way to do it. Suggestions

donnamc
Region: New Zealand

Post by donnamc » 08 Jun 2010 10:52

As an accountant - it is preferable for you to reconcile to a month end, not a bank statement date end as it is much easier to reconcile at year end if there is a clean bank reconciliation point at month end.

ashforma

Post by ashforma » 08 Jun 2010 11:02

I guess the point is that all the major software here is not bound to a period basis, it has no functional value, I still want to turn it off or have to switch to a tool that behaves as I want to work...

Is there an answer to the question or not?

ashforma

Turning off periods

Post by ashforma » 13 Jun 2010 23:06

If there is no answer to turning off enforced periods, I will have to go elsewhere for accounting software!

So far this appears to be a functionality issue/defect.

shayanjameel08

Re: Deactivate Periods in MoneyWorks Gold

Post by shayanjameel08 » 25 Oct 2013 23:03

MoneyWorks comes with dozens of standard forms. With MoneyWorks Express or MoneyWorks Gold you can modify them or create your own. MoneyWorks Cashbook can use forms designed with Express or Gold.