MoneyWorks and Income tax calculation in Canada

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
moh datoo

MoneyWorks and Income tax calculation in Canada

Post by moh datoo » 02 Feb 2011 05:52

I run a small consultancy as a self proprietor in Ontario, Canada. I am exploring the options of a simple accounting software that runs on a MAC for my business. MoneyWorks Express makes sense so far.

I have a few questions that will help me make my decision to purchase the software:

1. I would like to easily transfer my business expenses and fee income into a tax calculation software. Please advise how best to do this.

2. I am using NeatWorks for Mac that neatly scans all my receipts and categorises it by the expense lines provided by the CRA. How can I best import this data along with the scanned copies of my receipts into MoneyWorks?

Thank you

zane10

Re: MoneyWorks and Income tax calculation in Canada

Post by zane10 » 30 Nov 2018 18:11

moh datoo wrote:I run a small consultancy as a self proprietor in Ontario, Canada. I am exploring the options of a simple accounting software that runs on a MAC for my business. MoneyWorks Express makes sense so far.

I have a few questions that will help me make my decision to purchase the software:

1. I would like to easily transfer my business expenses and fee income into a cpa tax preparation calculation software. Please advise how best to do this.

2. I am using NeatWorks for Mac that neatly scans all my receipts and categorises it by the expense lines provided by the CRA. How can I best import this data along with the scanned copies of my receipts into MoneyWorks?

Thank you

Hello,
Do you think using a any online tax calculator is good idea, because for big task such as tax paying you can not rely on any online tool.

roslee000

Re: MoneyWorks and Income tax calculation in Canada

Post by roslee000 » 08 Dec 2018 18:23

Hello,

I am planning to fill my income tax by own, so this will be the right decision of mine or not?
and If yes then can anyone tell me about moneyworks software ,it will easy to use or not ?
please suggest me the best.
Thanks!