Interest

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
keyframe

Interest

Post by keyframe » 18 Aug 2008 13:01

I have posted this question before with no response. Is that because no one knows? Please help!

Hi All,

I have an account that has gone substantially past due and will likely have to go to a Collection Agency. Being that it is for a large amount, I would like to give them the option of making payments on their balance, but with some interest.

I am investigating the amount of interest that can be charged and the amount of notice I am required to give before the interest is charged. I am wondering what the best way is to add interest on to a balance in MoneyWorks. I am looking for any suggestions!

mikeguil

Post by mikeguil » 18 Aug 2008 14:04

As far as I know there's no 'automatic' way to add interest. I would simply create a 'service' invoice called interest and in the description area, state the rate you are applying to the balance. You should create an account to collect the interest in - consult with your accountant for the best method - and process as a regular invoice.

keyframe

Post by keyframe » 21 Aug 2008 12:06

I kind of figured it may be a separate invoice and creating an account for it is ideal. Thank you for your help!

mikeguil

Post by mikeguil » 21 Aug 2008 13:44

My pleasure...

Cheers,