Defining Start Date

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
treefrogcreative

Defining Start Date

Post by treefrogcreative » 11 Aug 2008 12:28

Hello -

I started a new business in March 2008, and purchased and began set up of my MW program at that time, however, I got so busy that I never made it beyond confirming company information and tax rates. It is now five months later and I have had to re-do the tutorial and try to remember what I was doing back in March.

My question is this - I am a new company - but now that I am behind, will the system let me enter in my information from march onward, or will I have to use the Set-Up Account as described in the manual?

(I am running MW Express on a Mac with the latest op. system)

Thanks (I am very un-numbers oriented and have never even tried to do something like this before)

mikeguil

Post by mikeguil » 13 Aug 2008 22:56

You can back-date your transactions - just be careful as you're adding in transactions that the date is the one you want. When you enter a transaction into a new month, MW will ask you if you want to open a new period. Accept this and carry on.