Entering Closing Stock Amount

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
manahair
Product: Cashbook
Region: Australia

Entering Closing Stock Amount

Post by manahair » 10 Jul 2013 18:59

Hi
Wondering how I enter my end of year stock value.
ie. I've done the physical stocktake, and have valued the stock and now need to enter the figure into MW for my final EOY BAS and annual reporting.
Any insights ?
Thanks

Ian
mana hair avalon

Simon
Region: New Zealand

Re: Entering Closing Stock Amount

Post by Simon » 11 Jul 2013 10:01

YOur profile shows you are using cashbook, which doesn't have a stock moduel. Therefore you can only enter the value of the closing stock. YOu need to to do this as a journal entry - DR Stock on Hand, CR Purchases/Cost of Goods Sold.

If you have last years closing stock in MW then you will need to reverse that value first.

If you are using an accountant to prepare your finanncial statements this is something they would do for you along with the other balance day adjustments (accruals, depreciation etc)