Products Listing

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
Queensberry
Product: Gold
Region: New Zealand

Products Listing

Post by Queensberry » 22 Apr 2013 11:31

Hi,

I would like to make 'inactive' some products - how do I do this?

Also when viewing the 'Products' under: Products/Inventory / Show Products - I can see the list of products in our system, but there are no unit prices showing on this screen, that field is 'o' for all products listed (but pricing has been entered under setup

You can email your response to me: anita@queensberry.com

Thanks
Anita

Sam
Product: Gold

Re: Products Listing

Post by Sam » 22 Apr 2013 15:47

Also when viewing the 'Products' under: Products/Inventory / Show Products - I can see the list of products in our system, but there are no unit prices showing on this screen, that field is 'o' for all products listed (but pricing has been entered under setup

-you need to customise your list- see under Edit in the menu bar

Simon

Re: Products Listing

Post by Simon » 24 Apr 2013 13:31

If you insert the "~" (also known as a tilda) before the code the item code will not show in any choices lists but will still retain its history. Before you change the code make sure in the Document Preferences the option to "Alter Existing" records is selected (on the Data Entry page).

So the items doesn;t show in the list of products you may want to make a custom filter. In the drop down box to the left of the tool bar where it says Display All, click so the list appears, select Edit, then New. Use this function:

code!="~@"

Now give it a name and click OK.

This will filter all products with a code starting with the "~" from the list.