MoneyWorks files on external drive

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
wmike1503

MoneyWorks files on external drive

Post by wmike1503 » 22 Feb 2017 00:58

Hi all,

I have a network attached drive. I would like to store my MoneyWorks files on the external drive and run MoneyWorks from them. Can I do this?

If not, is there anyway (I'm on MacOS system) I can automate backups to the external disc?

Thanks,

Mike

akexpress
Product: Express
Region: New Zealand

Re: MoneyWorks files on external drive

Post by akexpress » 07 Mar 2017 09:48

If you are the only user you could use something like Dropbox to store your file, providing you have internet access to sync after you have closed the file.

wmike1503

Re: MoneyWorks files on external drive

Post by wmike1503 » 08 Mar 2017 02:48

Thank you for your response.

To clarify, do all my files get saved to Dropbox - can I work directly from the Dropbox location?

Cheers,

Mike