Invoices and departments

Discussion about using the MoneyWorks Job costing system.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
wmike1503

Invoices and departments

Post by wmike1503 » 28 Nov 2015 20:41

Hi all,

I am lost as to how to assign an invoice to a department. There seems to be no way to do this in the invoice screen. I would have thought there would be a field to allow departments to be selected.

Any ideas, anyone please?

Thanks,

Mike

wmike1503

Re: Invoices and departments

Post by wmike1503 » 30 Nov 2015 03:45

departmentListings.png
departmentListings.png (51.92 KiB) Viewed 5394 times
I've made some progress with this - I have the following:

Holding company
      Company A (department)
        Cost centre (department)
      Company B
        Cost centre (department)
etc

So, basically, each department has it's own sub-departments if that makes sense. This seems to be almost there. However, when I run a report - the departments seem to be duplicated.

It should be just XX Corp with publishing and website below.

I am, obviously, missing something.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

Mike

Sosu
Product: Datacentre

Re: Invoices and departments

Post by Sosu » 24 Jun 2016 15:56

You can use one of the user fields or analysis fields to enter the department code for which you are entering the invoice. Later on you can run an analysis report (or a customised report) broken down by that field.

Otherwise you need to departmentalise the accounts (under show > accounts) and use the general ledger code for example 1002-DEP1, 1003-DEP2 etc in the detail lines.
This will facilitate you to run report on a particular department or a classification of departments (if you classify them) from the standard reports available in MoneyWorks.