Analysis Report to Count Transactions

For ideas, tips and tricks and comments on using or creating MoneyWorks Forms (invoices, statements, labels etc.),
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
lindafairhurst
Product: Gold
Region: UK

Analysis Report to Count Transactions

Post by lindafairhurst » 27 Jul 2017 21:28

Hi,

I need to start tracking the total number of transactions we are processing each month on MW. I can't work out a simple way to do this. I need to know per period how many PI's, PO's, Journals we have entered in any calendar month. I have tried to create a analysis report for this but it gives me too much detail. I literally just want a total number! Can anyone help?

scottg
Region: USA

Re: Analysis Report to Count Transactions

Post by scottg » 29 Jul 2017 13:32

Hi, The analysis report is one way to do this. Start with the Transaction Details and Transaction Source file options.

In the Analysis window, select Two breakdown levels.

First is Period (which it should be from the new report).
Second you will want to change to Calculated Value. In the calculation, set the Column Value = Detail.TransactionType. (This is the field with the types you listed.)
Third column - select Count from the drop down menu.
Remove the fourth column as it's not needed.

Set column headings and select the records of interest in the transactions window (e.g., Transactions by Status: All).

Since POs and SOs aren't tied to a period and only have dates, it may be necessary to use a calculated field for the first column to properly group these transactions into the period of interest.

Hope this helps. Contact me if you need any more help.

Kind regards, Scott