Printing 'PAID' on invoices

For ideas, tips and tricks and comments on using or creating MoneyWorks Forms (invoices, statements, labels etc.),
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
woodywoodhouse

Printing 'PAID' on invoices

Post by woodywoodhouse » 29 Oct 2004 15:26

I have noticed when editing the supplied invoices in the forms designer a lovely light blue "PAID" in the remittance section. Any ideas on how to get this to print when a customer has paid his/her invoice?
Thanks,
Woody.

rowan
Region: New Zealand

Post by rowan » 29 Oct 2004 15:43

If you print a cash sale using that invoice form, you will see "PAID" instead of the remittance advice.

As they stand, the invoice forms always print the remittance advice when printed for an invoice.

How to change? Look at the Visibility for the text object that says "PAID" (right-click it and choose Visibility... [control-click on Mac with one-button mouse]). The visibility is conditional with a value of Type = "CR@" (i.e. Cash Receipt). If you were to change that to Type = "CR@" or Type = "DIC" then it will print for paid invoices. (Type = DIC means Debtor-Invoice-Complete i.e. fully paid).

Visibility for the objects that make up the remittance advice is conditional on a variable SHOWREMIT, defined as an invisible object at the top-left of the remittance advice section. That, in turn, is defined as !CN and Type = "DI@". CN is defined elsewhere (means credit note. don't concern yourself with it just now). Anyway, if you change the definition of SHOWREMIT to !CN and Type = "DII" then the remittance advice won't show for completed invoices (DII = Debtor-Invoice-Incomplete, btw)

woodywoodhouse

PAID now appeard when I want it to. Thanks.

Post by woodywoodhouse » 04 Nov 2004 11:48

Worked like a charm, and now I understand object visability. Thanks,
Woody.
:D