Printing Product Labels

For ideas, tips and tricks and comments on using or creating MoneyWorks Forms (invoices, statements, labels etc.),
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
equipoutdoors
Product: Datacentre
Region: New Zealand

Printing Product Labels

Post by equipoutdoors » 13 May 2015 16:48

How do you set page size to print on a Dymo roll label printer. The Page Setup screen in Form Designer has a drop list to select paper sizes, and includes a "user defined' option, but there is no way to change the page size, only label margins. Any help appreciated.

FrankNunneley
Product: Gold

Re: Printing Product Labels

Post by FrankNunneley » 17 May 2015 15:09

HI, I regularly use a Dymo printer for Address labels and mini 'invoice' labels. It works just fine.

Ensure that you have installed the (latest) Dymo printers SW on your Mac. It should be available on the 'System Preferences/Printers & Scanners'

Then in MW on the Page Setup panel on the form designer choose "Format for" and select your Dymo Printer, then under Page Size select the size label you are designing for.

Now design the label to suite your needs.

Hope that the above helps.

Frank
PS. I presume the process would be the same on windows. The Dymo drivers need to be on the machine you are designing the form on.

equipoutdoors

Post by equipoutdoors » 20 May 2015 14:44

Thank you Frank.
Unfortunately the Windows version of the Form Designer does not have the "Format for" option. You can only select a specific paper size and adjust margins. There is a "User Defined" paper size option at the bottom of the page size list, but it does nothing, it doesn't work at all. Unfortunately Cognito in NZ require payment for ALL support, and they refuse to answer this question, even tho it is a feature in the software, but is not in the manual, and does not work.

FrankNunneley
Product: Gold

Post by FrankNunneley » 29 Jun 2015 14:00

HI, Sorry to take so long to reply. I have been away and also pondering your challange.

I loaded a Demo version of MW Gold onto a Virtualbox version of WinXp and was able to Design and print for the Demo Label printer. I do not know how the DataCenter product works, maybe there are similarities to the Gold version on Windows.

When you are on Forms Design page Select <Page Setup> - on this panel there is a <Printer> tab (bottom right?). Use this to select the Dymo Printer. (I am assuming you have already installed the Demo Printer.) <OK> to go back to the Page Setup now you should be able to chose the appropriate label size, <OK> to exit. It seems that the default borders are put in for you. Then back to the designer screen and design away!

As I said before, not sure how this all works for Datacenter, but, maybe it is similar enough to work for you!

Regards
Frank (Katikati)

Spencer

Post by Spencer » 17 Aug 2018 13:00

Hello

Sorry to intrude on this thread. I wonder whether it is possible in creating a form to print out a sheet of 24 labels but with the same product information. The Print Product Label feature in MW only print one product label at a time, but we would like to print a set of 24 labels instead. Is it doable in MW? If so any advice will be grateful.

Reason being that we want to use MW print features to directly printing the Product Label for packaging.

thanks.

Albertjohn
Region: USA

Post by Albertjohn » 24 Nov 2018 22:24

Brand your products with these circular stickers that are 38 mm in diameter. Their petite size makes them perfect for a logo, Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline, initials or company name.