Showing debtor invoice(s) on a custom receipt

For ideas, tips and tricks and comments on using or creating MoneyWorks Forms (invoices, statements, labels etc.),
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
Blackbird
Product: Express
Region: Canada

Showing debtor invoice(s) on a custom receipt

Post by Blackbird » 01 May 2012 13:13

How do you get a list box to show the invoice(s) being paid on a receipt? Since the Transaction.OurRef field means "Invoice #" for a debtor invoice transaction and it also means "Receipt #" for a receipt transaction, I don't know what field name to use for "Invoice #" in a receipt form. I wish to create a receipt that shows the invoice(s) being paid, similar to the Plain Remittance form. Also, why am I not able to modify the Plain form (or even see it in the form editor) so that I can copy the list box coding?

charleshorse
Product: Datacentre
Region: New Zealand

Re: Showing debtor invoice(s) on a custom receipt

Post by charleshorse » 01 May 2012 19:36

I think the Plain form is part of MoneyWorks (not a plug-in) and hence can't be modified.

But why would you want to send someone a receipt for the invoices they have paid? Wouldn't you just send them a statement?

Blackbird
Product: Express
Region: Canada

Post by Blackbird » 02 May 2012 04:45

*Thank-you*, charleshorse, your answer put me back on the right track. I had wanted to make a custom receipt, but what I actually needed to do was to create a custom statement. I grabbed the list box from the Balance Forward Basic form and modified it to suit my needs.

I had stayed away from statements because I had thought statements were printed for the entire customer list. Now I know you can highlight the customer name in the Names list and print a single statement for that customer. This is exactly what I needed, many thanks!

Go_Organics
Product: Gold

Post by Go_Organics » 03 Mar 2016 20:53

Hi.

I would also like to create a custom form for customer receipt. While using the Statement format is a good. Please advice how this can be done as Statement are for those transaction not yet paid while receipt are those which are paid.

Thanks in advance.