Having trouble making a Quote into an Invoice

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
pondball
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

Having trouble making a Quote into an Invoice

Post by pondball » 04 Sep 2018 22:12

This has been an ongoing problem, and I'll admit I'm not an accountant but this seems like it should be an easy task.

After a quote is accepted by the customer I would like to simply turn it into an Invoice... however my only options are Sales Order and Job. I have tried the Sales Order option and am aware that inventory totals can be bypassed (I don't keep inventory in MWG but apparently it is set up that way) and I am able to change the Shipped column to match the quoted number of items for invoicing that I want. I then use a custom form to print an Invoice, as I would if I were to produce an invoice from scratch (without the quote process).

However, when I do a report for GST/HST purposes the Sales Order does not show in the quarter that it has been dated for... and there is no option to Post this as a transaction. I have been through the manual several times but can't seem to find the solution. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sam
Region: New Zealand

Re: Having trouble making a Quote into an Invoice

Post by Sam » 05 Sep 2018 10:32

You go from a quote to a sales order and then you turn the sales order into an invoice-

at the bottom left hand corner( process order) there is a drop down menu-choose 'ship goods with invoice'.

This takes it through to the invoices.

pondball
Region: Canada

Post by pondball » 06 Sep 2018 09:16

Thanks Sam... I’ll give that a try... I saw that there but guess I figured that when it said it would ship with invoice I thought it would only print the invoice and not actually make it into one..

Sam
Region: New Zealand

Post by Sam » 06 Sep 2018 10:44

If you read the tutorial under Help- it takes you through quite a bit of how to use Moneyworks.