Change Sales Order to Sales Invoice

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
pondball
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

Change Sales Order to Sales Invoice

Post by pondball » 26 Aug 2015 05:08

I have 4 Sales Orders and 3 outstanding Quotes... and all are in sequence with my Sales Invoices. The 4 Sales Orders remain in my Orders category (Orders -> Sales Orders), but the orders have been sent out and paid for.

Is there a simple method of changing the status of these Sales Orders to Sales Invoices so they show in the same Transaction by Type -> Sales Invoices list as my regular Sales Invoices?

The only thing I can see that might work would be if at the bottom of the Sales Order I change the Process Order -> Enter Order to Process Order -> Ship Goods with Invoice and click OK... but don't want to mess anything up by "testing" something that won't work or will throw everything else out of whack.

On pg G-251 of the pdf manual it says... "Shipping Goods
Invoice Sale: A sales invoice will be generated for this sale.
You can “ship” whatever goods are available from the open order by selecting Ship Goods with Invoice from the Process Order pop-up menu. This causes MoneyWorks to create and post a sales invoice for the items, which in turn reduces stock levels for any stocked items."
Can anyone verify that this will indeed move the Sales Order to a Sales Invoice?

Sosu
Product: Datacentre

Re: Change Sales Order to Sales Invoice

Post by Sosu » 22 Sep 2015 11:48

Yes I do that all the time. You also have the option to not to post the invoice when you process the sales order, just untick the Post box on the window that appears when you press OK on the sales order with the Ship Goods option on. Then you could delete the invoice if you don't think is good, or make changes to your requirements and then post. There is always an option to use the sample file they provide Acme Widgets Ltd. and test all these things on that file so that you do not mess up your own file.

pondball
Product: Gold
Region: Canada

Re: Change Sales Order to Sales Invoice

Post by pondball » 22 Sep 2015 13:23

thanks Sosu...

and good idea about using the widget file as a test file... (slap to forehead! :oops: )