Some sites wish to install MoneyWorks Datacentre on the same physical server on which they also run a DNS server. On a Windows server, this can cause port conflicts.
To address this issue, in MoneyWorks Datacentre 8.2 and later, DNS-SD (aka multicast DNS or mDNS) can be disabled. To do this:
- In the MoneyWorks Datacentre Console app, click Stop. This stops the Datacentre service. It doesn’t matter if users are logged in.
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Show Log File. This will open Notepad2 (with privileges for editing the config file)
- In Notepad2, go to File → Open and open the file C:\ProgramData\Cognito\MoneyWorks Datacentre\moneyworks_datacentre.conf2
- On line 27, change the the 0 next to disable_mDNS to a 1, so that it reads
- Select File → Save
- In the MoneyWorks Datacentre Console app, click Start
The MoneyWorks Datacentre service will now be running with no mDNS.
This means that the Local Network Browser in MoneyWorks Gold cannot be used by clients to locate the server. They will need to use the Manual connection method and specify the server domain name, port, and correct SSL setting.