Comments on Invoice

Discussion about using the MoneyWorks Job costing system.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
Nicky S

Comments on Invoice

Post by Nicky S » 12 Aug 2008 14:21

When I invoice a job, I notice that the Transaction.Description is totally overwritten any time when I have placed a "comment" under the Job itself. How do I fix this so that the Transaction.Description will always appear, ignoring my comments.

charleshorse
Product: Datacentre
Region: New Zealand

Transaction Description

Post by charleshorse » 19 Aug 2008 18:50

The transaction description field would be blank on the new invoice. If you don;t want the job comments to appear there then just delete them from the newly created invoice.

Nicky S

Comments on Invoice

Post by Nicky S » 20 Aug 2008 00:21

Thanks for reply but I think I explained myself poorly. When I go to "bill job" a comment I've made on the job file appears in the Description on the invoice, replacing my original job description (or Job Name). I need this Job Name to appear on the invoice but the comment overrides it. At the moment all I can do is delete it and add the original description in. This is time consuming so I wondered if there is a way to fix that or do I have to remove the comment altogether - bit of a glitch if this is the case. Cheers

charleshorse
Product: Datacentre

Comments on Invoices

Post by charleshorse » 22 Aug 2008 17:21

You could change your invoice layout so that it gets the job description direct from the job. Because the job number goes into the Analysis field when you create an invoice, you would replace the Description field on the invoice layout with (I think) lookup(analysis, "Job.description")

Simon

Post by Simon » 15 Sep 2009 14:58

Appears to be a feature of MW and you can't change it. You can either customise invoice layout (which won't fix the transaction it self) or start to use coments as your job descrition and vice versa...

You can customise your job list to pick up the comment field instead of the description field.