Invoice including request for deposit

Discussion about using the MoneyWorks Job costing system.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
WendyM
Product: Gold
Region: New Zealand

Invoice including request for deposit

Post by WendyM » 20 Jun 2011 14:23

I am to send a customer an invoice for last month's work done, and at the same time, request a deposit for the next porion of the job. Can I do this on the same invoice? From studying the manual, I conclude that when I want to post an invoice requesting a deposit for the job, I need to tick the box "Treat Job Related Income as Pre-Payments". But will that then stuff up my ordinary invoice lines if I have them on the same invoice? Do I have to have one invoice for the work already done, and another invoice requesting the deposit?

charleshorse
Product: Datacentre

Re: Invoice including request for deposit

Post by charleshorse » 20 Jun 2011 20:38

When you use the Bill Job command, just increase the amount to invoice in the total by next month's deposit, and set the "Balance To" pop-up menu that will appear to "carry difference forward".

WendyM
Product: Gold

Re: Invoice including request for deposit

Post by WendyM » 20 Jun 2011 22:59

Great! Thanks!! :D So pleased knowledgable people such as yourself are part of this forum!