Job sheet filter

Discussion about using the MoneyWorks Job costing system.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
WEL

Job sheet filter

Post by WEL » 05 Apr 2009 11:24

Hello, Question on filtering

I would like to filter the Job sheet entries so it only displays the active jobs, this way i can print a quick time sheet report for only active jobs.

To give you a better idea of what im trying to do.
-I click on the "Show job sheet entries icon"
-then the "all" tab so i see pending and processes job entries.
-Then i click on the print icon.
I really like the report it gives me, But i only want to see/print active job activities.

How do i filter the list for active jobs only?

Thanks

sanjeev
Product: Datacentre
Region: Nepal

Post by sanjeev » 08 Apr 2009 00:12

Hi

Here is an example, click the link given below (Click on thumbnail for big image).

http://www.moneyworks.sussol.net/index.php?id=79

Regards,

Sanjeev
info@moneyworks.com.np

donnamc
Region: New Zealand

Post by donnamc » 15 Apr 2009 16:18

Is there any way of filtering the list so that it only shows Active Jobs with pending job sheet entries? I have a client that has just moved to MW from QkBks and as the Quoted/Active/Completed field is not importable (that I can see) I need the filter to get a smaller list for billing purposes.

Any help is appreciated.

Donna

Wal

Finding active jobs that have pending items

Post by Wal » 20 May 2009 09:37

Hi Donna

I presume that you are wanting to find the active Jobs that have pending jobsheet items.

Sanjeev's earlier answer showed how to filter the jobsheet items to find jobsheet items depending on the status of the Job

So just turn that logic inside out to create a similar filter to the Jobs view:

[Jobsheet:Status = "PE"][Job]

Make it available across all of the Job Tabs and you can quickly identify which jobs have pending jobsheet items.

Hope this answers the question and isn't too late for your needs.
Regards,
Wallace Gracewood

Wal

Finding active jobs that have pending items

Post by Wal » 20 May 2009 09:37

Hi Donna

I presume that you are wanting to find the active Jobs that have pending jobsheet items.

Sanjeev's earlier answer showed how to filter the jobsheet items to find jobsheet items depending on the status of the Job

So just turn that logic inside out to create a similar filter to the Jobs view:

[Jobsheet:Status = "PE"][Job]

Make it available across all of the Job Tabs and you can quickly identify which jobs have pending jobsheet items.

Hope this answers the question and isn't too late for your needs.
Regards,
Wallace Gracewood