Use of Department Custom Fields

For the discussion of reporting issues, and ideas, tips, tricks for writing reports
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
GTSmith
Product: Datacentre
Region: Australia

Use of Department Custom Fields

Post by GTSmith » 17 Jul 2013 18:08

Is it possible to create a P&L report using the "custom" fields available in the department details?

Simon
Region: New Zealand

Re: Use of Department Custom Fields

Post by Simon » 30 Jul 2013 15:25

yes

GTSmith
Region: Australia

Post by GTSmith » 06 Aug 2013 17:13

Thanks Simon. That has given me some food for thought.

I am trying to create a summarised P&L report using the Custom1 field.
However, the only place I can find reference to Department.Custom1 is by using a "For Each" statement and referencing department in List? Is this the only way to do a report by department Custom1? It would be nice if it could be selected from the Sub Summary Selection form.

Sosu

Post by Sosu » 08 Aug 2013 11:58

You can use Find Ledgers (instead of For loop) and specify the selection there Find ledger where lookup(department, "Department.Custom1")= whatever