Cheque Printing as a sample for Davis + Henderson Cheques

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
FernC

Cheque Printing as a sample for Davis + Henderson Cheques

Post by FernC » 10 Oct 2008 04:09

Could someone please help me with cheque printing.

I contacted Davis + Henderson about some cheques for use with the Moneyworks Express Program ( which I have just purchased for my new business).They didn't seem too familiar with "Moneyworks" , but asked me to simply fax them a copy of a cheque printout and they could supply a cheque for it?

My business is in Construction.
I would like a cheque that has either a single or double (which should I use the single or double and why?) voucher with it.
This way when I print a Payroll cheque, the employee keeps this voucher for his/her records showing the deductions and general breakdown?

Which should I use, single or double voucher?

How would I do a printout on my laser printer to send to Davis + Henderson?

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Cheers

Fernando Cabral / ForthStone Carpentry & Construction

tentimestwenty

Post by tentimestwenty » 26 Nov 2008 08:12

I'm trying to do the same thing but they told me it wouldn't work because there are no approved templates for MoneyWorks. I figure I can make a template that will pass their criteria but I don't know what this should be. Anybody get it to work?

carrie

cheque

Post by carrie » 07 Jan 2009 01:10

Has anyone solved the problem with ordering cheques from Henderson Davies?

I need an answer as I'm trying to get up and running and this is a problem.

Moneyworks support staff: Can you help please?

JAWL

Cheque styles for Canada (Davis + Henderson and NEBS)

Post by JAWL » 24 Jan 2009 08:56

Notes from the www.moneyworks.ca/products.html web page

CHECKS

You can print checks (multiple styles) from multiple banks directly from the Payment transaction window, with full control of check numbering.

The check/cheque forms (templates) provided are for standard three part computerized checks/cheques and are fully customizable using the MoneyWorks Form Designer in Express, Gold and Datacentre. For Cashbook you have live with the forms provided.

The Check templates have been formatted in standard layouts provided by NEBS (US and Canada) and Davis + Henderson (Canada only).

NEBS Style 9085 with the check at the top and two stubs below and Davis + Henderson Style 102 for the same layout.

For three checks to a page, most standard forms fit.

For Canada the cheque formats are compliant to the new CPA standards.

Craig

Post by Craig » 26 Jan 2009 01:52

Hi,
Moneyworks forms are fully customizable, so you should be able to adjust the form to what you want for whatever stationery you have.
Hold down option (Mac) or control (Win) to get an edit button when you are at the point of choosing the form to use...
Cheers,
Craig
info@moneyworks.com.np

monkeymac

Post by monkeymac » 12 Jan 2010 14:38

You'll want to order the "Quickbooks" style of cheque that is "Cheque-Stub-Stub" format.

Then you can customise your cheque form in MoneyWorks for any placement subtleties.

Regards,

Luis
www.monkeymac.com

riversong

cheques

Post by riversong » 07 Jul 2010 14:36

Hi, I've been trying to figure out how to print cheques. Can get to a spot like the manual says to print payment, but only after posting, and then coming back in to the transaction. When I choose the canadian format for 9085, it prints, but with absolutely no info on the stub - no name, no invoice number, nada. If I try to print from the payment before posting, I get other cheque formats, one with a lovely remittance advice, but not cheque. What am I missing?
Right now it seems extremely inefficient.

JAWL

Post by JAWL » 07 Jul 2010 14:59

The Remittance Cheque form is used when issuing a payment against an invoice. It is uses the same templates. You can print before posting go to the Canadian MoneyWorks site www.moneyworks.ca support page, full article on cheques and cheque forms

riversong

Post by riversong » 07 Jul 2010 15:30

JAWL wrote:The Remittance Cheque form is used when issuing a payment against an invoice. It is uses the same templates. You can print before posting go to the Canadian MoneyWorks site www.moneyworks.ca support page, full article on cheques and cheque forms

Thanks. I shall try that.....

feda

Post by feda » 08 Jul 2010 13:37

Hi all. The MoneyWorks Canada Cheque and Remittance form template included with Express and Gold and the Canada Business cheque 9085 (included in all products) both are compatible with the following:

Davis + Henderson style #102

OR

NEBS style #9085

You may have to "tweak" the cheque template a bit as everyone's printers feed differently, but generally they work well. In fact there's a thread here for more on cheques:

http://moneyworks.ca/articles/about-cheques

Hope this helps.

bigjonnyg

Compatible Cheques

Post by bigjonnyg » 26 Feb 2011 06:21

Hi Everyone,

You can buy cheques from another cheque supplier called Cheques Now out of Calgary. They can ensure your cheques will be compatible as they can create custom layouts for any software.

Their webstie is www.chequesnow.ca