Returned Cheque

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
BambooSpirit
Product: Express
Region: Canada

Returned Cheque

Post by BambooSpirit » 26 Jun 2012 02:47

Hi,

I had a money order made out for $300USD for a martial arts training conference in Michigan.

At the conference, I was told that I did not pay for the conference.

So this morning, I returned to the bank to deposit the money order back into my business account.

Question: how should I handle this for MW purposes? This is surely not "income" which would be subject to HST etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Still learning my way around MW!

Thank you,
Brian Johns
Oshawa, Ontario

Sam
Product: Gold
Region: New Zealand

Re: Returned Cheque

Post by Sam » 28 Jun 2012 16:14

I would expect you would create a cash payment on the date you took the money out of your account and then cancel it- you could make the cancellation date the day you rebanked it .