Startup issues around billing

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
JulienDufour
Product: Cashbook
Region: Canada

Startup issues around billing

Post by JulienDufour » 12 Jul 2011 05:12

Hi there.

I'm a freelancer in Quebec, and bought MW on the Mac App Store to account for my personnal business.

I got a few jobs finished already that I got to bill now. So I went and created a receipt (I would prefer a invoice, really) and put in the items I needed to bill, client info and all. But even if I did enter my tax numbers in company info and checked the "I need to account for tax" box in the tax settings, it still doesn't calculate the taxes. There's just a "0.00" down there in a sole "Tax" box instead of separate GST and QST.

Secondly, when I click next, it tells me "Your transaction doesn't balance" and clears all up. Then I've got to enter again all of the info and look desperately for a thing I could have missed.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your kind help...

sjb

Re: Startup issues around billing

Post by sjb » 14 Jul 2011 05:37

Make sure both the customers and the income account are set to have GST/QST charged to them.