It is not calculating the tax correctly

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
jsbyers

It is not calculating the tax correctly

Post by jsbyers » 23 Apr 2010 04:18

The system is not calculating the tax correctly :evil: The code I am using is to calculate the GST & PST but the amount doesn't match my bill. When I try to put in the final price, it won't work & when I try to change the tax amount, it changes the base price :x If I set up an account just for GST & an account for just PST & manually input, will it work or will it get screwed up?

Craig

Post by Craig » 27 Apr 2010 02:24

Hi,
stick with it, and don't create your own accounts.
What tax rates have you got in your tax setup?
Cheers,
Craig
http://moneyworks.sussol.net

gerryc
Product: Datacentre
Region: Canada

Re: It is not calculating the tax correctly

Post by gerryc » 11 May 2010 07:11

jsbyers wrote:The system is not calculating the tax correctly :evil: The code I am using is to calculate the GST & PST but the amount doesn't match my bill. When I try to put in the final price, it won't work & when I try to change the tax amount, it changes the base price :x If I set up an account just for GST & an account for just PST & manually input, will it work or will it get screwed up?

Sounds like you need to do a Sales tax override. There's an article about it on the North American MoneyWorks website ... www.moneyworks.ca

I had the same problem, but not sure if your issue was the same as mine. You should contact the support team at support@moneyworks.ca ... they're great.

shayanjameel08

Re: It is not calculating the tax correctly

Post by shayanjameel08 » 25 Oct 2013 23:01

QB caculares and rounds EACH tax item in the group. You may want to create a sales tax item "O)ld Tax" with the 7% rate for the history entries.
The Sales Receipt will make entering the history quicker as it combinds the "invoice" and "payment" into one transaction.