Charging for Paper Invoice's

Use this area for questions that are specifically related to Canada (e.g PST handling, Canadian cheque standards)
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
repete.ca

Charging for Paper Invoice's

Post by repete.ca » 05 May 2009 03:53

My name is Peter and I'm not too sure where I should pose this question, so I'll try it here. My Cell Phone provider charges me $2.10 CDN per Paper Invoice. Can *I* charge for sending out Paper Invoice's. Anyone doing this?I'd probably have to put a blurb on my Invoice about going Electronic. New User of MoneyWorks Gold and new to the Forum here. Thanks in advance.

fishmoney

Post by fishmoney » 29 Jul 2009 10:41

WOW...good luck!
How do you think that would play out with your customers? Would you not choose to chalk that up to the cost of doing business?
Alternatively, next statement you send out include a note that advises you will be charging an Administration cost begining the following month for all customers who choose to remain on a paper-based system. Let them know that as a result of the tough economic times that everyone is facing you are going the route of paperless so as to save costs where possible so that you don't have to pass along these costs to the consumer in the form of increased prices.

I don't know for fact how this should be handled, it just seems kind of tacky to me to charge for an invoice.

Good luck with it though.

Halvdan

Re: Charging for Paper Invoice's

Post by Halvdan » 23 Feb 2010 09:57

You'd better have a good reason for doing so or else you stand the chance of your clients building up resentment. You also need a compelling alternative. Personally I think it is better to remove as many additional 'charges' as possible and simply build it into the service / product you are supplying.

shayanjameel08

Re: Charging for Paper Invoice's

Post by shayanjameel08 » 25 Oct 2013 22:59

A $15 monthly recurring charge applies to every paper invoice provided to a Customer (except invoices solely for intrastate telecommunications services) in lieu of, or in addition to, an online invoice. This charge does not apply where a Customer has established to Company’s satisfaction, or Company determines on its own, that online invoicing is not a reasonable substitute for paper invoicing.