Credit Note for Cash Refund?

For the discussion of issues affecting the day to day running of all MoneyWorks products.
Forum rules
This forum is not the official Cognito Software support channel for MoneyWorks. If you need help from Cognito, then please contact us (or your local regional support representative) directly using the contact information on the Support page of the web site.

Please try the search facility before posting a new topic to see if your topic has already been covered.

If you do post a new topic, it's a good idea to choose a Topic Subject that it a bit more informative than "Help!" or "A problem". If your topic is actually recognisable by people scanning the forum, you'll have a much better chance of getting a response. Thanks and have fun.
mikeguil

Credit Note for Cash Refund?

Post by mikeguil » 23 Nov 2008 04:30

I have to issue a refund to a customer that is not a Debtor, so no way of issuing a Credit Note to (you need to enter a client NameCode to issue the credit note).

Is there another way to simply give a cash refund?

rowan
Region: New Zealand

Post by rowan » 25 Nov 2008 13:13

You could do that as a negative receipt (possibly even by cancelling the original receipt that you are refunding, if you are refunding all of it); alternatively, just do a payment transaction (if you want to associate this with the customer record, you would have to turn on the Supplier checkbox).

Fudd

Post by Fudd » 09 Jan 2009 10:08

Is there such a thing as a negative receipt? I am trying to post into MW a refund given to a customer's credit card by mistake (instead of a charge to their card) and all I get is a "beep" with no indication of what is preventing the posting.